Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cedric the Entertainer

I am a big fan of Cedric the Entertainer. I actually don’t know his real name, but love his work not only in those strange Budweiser commercials, but also in OKC (Original Kings of Comedy) and on “The Steve Harvey Show.” He’s in some movie that looks like a remake of National Lampoon’s Vacation which I watched last year without sound on the airplane... this is not to mention his role in in both Barbershop movies. His scene with Queen Latifah in Barbershop 2 is priceless. Cedric has a certain sweetness about him that is totally disarming and comic at the same time. If I am not mistaken, he plays a bad guy in “Be Cool,” the upcoming sequel to “Get Shorty.”

Anyway, he’s in town next week at the Tempe Improv, and we’re fixin’ to get tickets so I can appreciate him live.