Saturday, November 27, 2004

"Hey Player, Get Your Butt Down to Target!"

At 8 am local time, the phone rang (a rare occurrence in our home), and lo and behold it was the recorded voice of Ice-T (AKA Tracy Marrow) telling me to get my butt out of bed and head to the nearest Target.

The other day, we saw the Target commercial in which you can select a wake-up call from a number of celebs (such as Cheech Marin of Cheech and Chong) or comic/fictional characters (such as Darth Vader or Dennis the chicken). I must have said I’d like Ice-T to call me. As I have said in a previous posting, I find it remarkable Ice-T has gone from Cop Killer (rap album of the '90s) to playing a cop (“Law and Order: SVU”) on TV.

Does that mean Mark Chapman has a music career in store?

BTW, Ice-T was a day late; we went to Target yesterday.