Thursday, October 28, 2004

Random Thursday Thoughts

This Saturday is the 38th anniversary of my Bar Mitzvah and oddly enough, I will be called to the Torah to do a blessing in honor of my father’s “Yahrzeit” (anniversary of death) which is next Monday night. The Torah portion is called “Vayera” and deals with the covenant between G-d and Abraham.

I am wondering which TV network we’ll watch for the all-important election coverage next Tuesday night. I will have my Wi-Fi connected PC with me in front of the TV and may blog along with the coverage.

From what I gather, Wally Backman is the leading choice for the Diamondbacks managerial opening. From what I read, he’ll be a great choice. Please, please… no Bob Melvin!

My project to build a TV network (along with Mike’s music network) is stalled. Still hope to get it rolling in November.

Speaking of November, I have no idea what we are doing for Thanksgiving other than not eating turkey. I am hoping for Luby’s, although last night the place was not very clean. What the heck, we’re stockholders. Funny, we own stock in two restaurant chains at opposite ends of the spectrum—Luby’s (LUB) and Cheesecake Factory (CAKE). We’ve done better with the latter than the former.