Sunday, November 14, 2004

K9 Athletes

Most of yesterday was spent being part of the Bat Mitzvah of one of my daughter’s friends. It was perhaps the only one of the group to which my wife and I will be invited, and we had a great time. It’s amazing to see these girls come of age and begin to get a glimpse of which kids will be tomorrow’s leaders and which kids will be tomorrow’s doofas-es (and today’s slackers). The girl who was celebrating her big day clearly is one of the future’s shining lights, due in part to being part of a beautiful, caring and compassionate family.

Today, we’re off to some sort of dog agility show at Westworld. I once made the mistake of showing my wife an event on ESPN’s outdoors programming which showed some dogs doing a long jump into a lake and competing for prizes. Today, we’ll be at such an event. Could it be better than the WienerDog Races?